Created to remember my sister Alice in a personal, and yet public way.
Thursday, June 03, 2010
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
With Memorial Day behind us, summer's here, and this weekend I heard a song on the radio that's all about summertime.
It made me think immediately of Alice.
"Girls in Their Summer Clothes" is a song by Bruce Springsteen I had never heard before -- have you? It's from the 2007 album called Magic.
Bruce's voice is wistful and it's as if he's singing about Alice, who loved to wear short shorts and mini-skirts, even on the rare occasion she went to church!
I don't love the video, yet you get to hear the song nicely. It has a pretty melody, and I'm grateful to be reminded of Alice in her essence: a California girl in summer clothes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment