I continue to think about Alice, and my relationship with her, and try to make sense of it, looking for resolution somewhere in the details. I was thinking alot about her over the Memorial Day holiday, so much so that I couldn't bring myself to write. A few days later, I have the clarity I need.
It's becoming hard to understand that she died almost 4 years ago. To see 2006 in the title of this blog makes the experience of losing her seem dated, and while I feel distance from the initial shock of her death, the realness and permanence remain fresh.
What I want to say here is how taken I am by the light that exudes from the pictures I have of Alice. Just see above, which is even a little blurry. It astonishes me, really, how bright the light radiates from her photographs, in ways I haven't seen from others.
Does she continue to live through these pictures? I don't think so, yet I can virtually feel her presence when I look at them.
No comments:
Post a Comment