I was in New York for Alice's birthday, Sophie went to CA to spend it with my mom. Following is part one of Alice's birthday celebration. Yes, we celebrated the day Alice was born on March 26th.
-----
Sorry it took me so long to write but here I am. I wanted to tell you that all intentions were to go to Alice's grave on her birthday with some Warehouse Pizza and chill with some beverages" (boy did she love that Trader Joe's beer). I was going to go alone. Then I told Vicky about it and she said she's go. Then I told Adi and she too said she'd go. Well then Bill called, Vicky picked up Bill and I drove to Warehouse to meet Adi. Bill, Vicky and myself arrived at the same time in the back of Warehouse parking lot. (Talk about good timing...which timing set the stage for the rest of the evening).
We walked in together to see Adi sitting with Lynn, her husband John (both ULV alumns) and their two girls. We haven't seen Lynn since Alice's funeral. Well, they were there entertaing friends, one of whom (Albert...haven't seen in in maybe 10 years or so), went with us to ULV and craved Warehouse (they flew down from Hawaii for some sports event). So they all decided to go there for dinner. As we were sitting there socializing, I couldn't help but be preoccupied with the fact that I wanted to still have Warehouse at Alice's gravesite and it was getting dark. Bill and Vicky went to go order the food and in comes Rich and his wife Kathy and their twins (Rich and Kathy ULV alums), and Beau and his wife Debbie and their child (they too ULV alumns). Well, we haven't seen Rich since the time we went to Warehouse after Alice's services that very evening. I can't even say how long it has been since we saw the rest!
Well, then you had called me and Adi was on her phone with Sophie and before we knew it, Alice had a giant birthday party! I still felt a little incomplete to not follow the original plan (I'm a total task completer). I also felt like we needed to be with your mom as well, so I was a little unsettled. But I think everything happened for a purpose. She had her family b-day and friend's b-day on the same day at the same time. What a thrilling day for her! Well we toasted loudly, "HAPPY F`CKING BIRTHDAY ALICE!" and had a great time with her in our hearts and recollections.
All these young ULV produced children (little Leos) if you will, running around. I could just see Alice playing with them and getting such a kick out of seeing friends that we ourselves haven't seen in a long time. It was great, Haig.
She continues to bless us with her spirit of fun and reunion and long lasting friendships. It still leaves me beaming today. Love you!!! Sook
-----
No comments:
Post a Comment